Wednesday 23 April 2014

Cloud Suite I

I wrote this after wondering idly about clouds and how they are so varied, and how they seem compared to how they are in reality.  I also thought it might be a good idea to write a series of poems and then I wouldn't be scratting around for ideas every single day.

I consider clouds, their range of form and temper
Small white summer clouds,
Marshmallow fluff in a pure blue sky
Soft and sweet seeming
Imagination paints them thus
Dreaming, we sleep on clouds like down
Warm, soft, cradling us to rest
Yet clouds are strange unknowable things
High, fierce and cold
A cloud would shake you, batter you
Buffet your dreams
You cannot grasp a cloud, or make it hold its shape
Stretch out your hand to hold it, it is gone
Like dreams when we awake

No comments:

Post a Comment